Blogger Widgets

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Do you know why Knicks Carmelo Anthony chose #7 for his jersey?


Some already know and some don’t. People are still asking me why Melo chose #7. There are 2 reasons & Ian Begley of ESPN has the answer for you!There are two reasons Carmelo Anthony chose to wear No. 7 with the Knicks.

The first is that his son Kiyan’s birthday is March 7.

The other? 22-15=7.

Confused? Here’s an explanation:

Anthony wore No. 15 in his 7½-year tenure with the Nuggets and in his one season at Syracuse.

He wore No. 22 during his high school years in Baltimore and at Oak Hill Academy.

And 22 minus 15 equals seven. Simple math.

“Right now, seven is a great number, I don’t see why not,” Anthony said after scoring 27 points on 10-of-25 shooting in his Knicks debut, a 114-108 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.

Anthony couldn’t wear 15 with the Knicks because the organization retired the number for Earl Monroe and Dick McGuire.

He also couldn’t wear No. 22 because the team retired that number for Dave DeBusschere.

“I wish I could take [15] back down,” Anthony said on Wednesday. “I was talking to Earl. … I don’t know who I gotta go through to get it. I’ll wear it in his honor. I want to honor him and wear that number.

No comments:

Post a Comment