Blogger Widgets

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Soulja Boy asked to play Tupac in Upcoming Biopic








Soulja Boy must be feeling pretty excited these days about his acting career.

The 20-year old just wrapped production on the remake of the 1992 classic 'Juice', in which he plays the role of Bishop - made famous by Tupac Shakur. And now he's possibly in the running to play 'Pac in a upcoming biopic.


In a recent interview with MTV's Rapfix, Soulja revealed that he has been asked to audition for the role based on the late rapper's life.

"I got an email from William Morris Agency - that's my agency that I'm with - they reached out to me to play the part. I'm just still thinking about it right now," he said.

When it was initially announced SB would be playing the role of Bishop in 'Juice' 2011, the rapper caught flack from some corners for even attempting to remake the movie. That pressure and scrutiny would be increased dramatically if he decides to play Tupac himself. It's a tough decision - one that SB is still weighing.

"Even with the whole 'Juice' movie, I'm playing a part that Tupac played, but I'm not actually playin' 'Pac. When it comes to this, I'm actually gonna be playin' 'Pac, so I'm really still just thinkin' about it. But I'm just honored that they would reach out to me and ask me anyway."Soulja said.

Producer David Robinson says it's going to take a special person to play the part. Adding that they are "looking for someone with the right mix of raw charm and charisma for the role."

"At this point, we’re more concerned about finding someone with the ability to give their entire heart into the performance than just looks and personality." Robinson continued.

The Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) directed - Morgan Creek backed Tupac biopic starts production later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment